Brookwoods and Deer Run to run this summer with adjustments for safety.
It has been a difficult spring for everyone, and I hope you and your family are well and coping with all the disruptions to our daily lives. I am writing to let you know that after thoroughly reviewing the guidelines set forth by the experts at the American Camp Association, the Christian Camp and Conference Association, and our local government officials, listening to our camp community, and following much discussion and prayerful consideration, the Board of Directors and myself are happy to inform you that we WILL be able to operate camp, with some stipulations and changes, in New Hampshire!
Our first and primary concern is the health and safety of our campers and staff. In close consultation with our full-time staff, seasonal staff, experts, and our medical team, we have developed what we believe to be the safest plan. In order to host campers, we will institute the following major changes to our “normal operations.”
- We will need to limit attendance to just 4-week campers, 12 and over. This will limit the amount of exposure to everyone at camp, as we can create a “compartmentalized program” to help protect the campers and staff.
- We will not conduct regular “cabin overnights” off our property for the younger campers.
- The activity program will be adjusted for smaller groups, and we will be introducing strict cleaning and hand washing protocols. Masks might need to be worn in certain situations or activities.
- We will not be able to accept International campers or those that arrive by airplane.
- We will ask all campers and staff to pre-quarantine two weeks before arriving at camp. The form can be downloaded here.
- We will also ask that parents pick up campers, who attended the first month, on July 24th. This will allow the camp to be totally cleaned before the final set of month campers arrive.
Additional information of the changes can be found HERE. We are still awaiting some final guidelines from the New Hampshire Governor, which will be released early the first week of June, and will inform you if something should change from what we’ve already described.
We are confident that we can operate camp safely. However, we realize there may be some of you whose children are registered for the summer who would prefer they not attend this year. We understand completely. If that is the case for you, please use the on-line form below no later than June 15th and let us know that your child will not be in attendance. If you have already paid for camp in part, or in full, we are offering the following options, as you are able:
- Option 1 – Extend to 4-Weeks: If you have a currently enrolled 2-week camper 12 and over who might want to “extend” and attend Brookwoods or Deer Run for 4-weeks. This will be on a space available basis. See below for the on-line form to notify us of your decision.
- Option 2 – Roll Funds Forward to Next Summer: We would ask you to consider rolling forward any tuition paid for this summer to 2021. If you choose this option, we would guarantee your child a place in the same session for 2021. By choosing this option, you greatly help us manage our cash flow and have funds on hand for current operations. See below for on-line form to notify us of your decision.
- Option 3– Donation: If you are able, consider donating all, or a portion, of your paid deposit or tuition to camp’s General Fund. A donation at this time would help us manage the costs of operating camp this summer and also go toward replacing lost revenue from our shortened spring conference season. A tax-deductible receipt will be issued to you. See below for on-line form to notify us of your decision.
- Option 4 – Full Refund: You may request a full refund by completing the on-line form on our website by June 30th. A full refund will be issued to you within 120 days of your request.
Access this Online Form to choose which option is best for you.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
We are tremendously excited to be at camp this summer, and I hope your campers are too!
P.S. Join us for a Town Hall meeting for an opportunity to ask questions.